I decided to check once more about QR code, because sometime, you know, you are talking about random tech stuff and someone toss out:
“What about QR code? Cool, eh?”
And that’s the moment you should say something more than:
“Yeah, I think so. I heard this story… “
Here some interesting link on what and how people/company are trying to use it:
- I Like Diesel: una campagna QR Code per gli store Diesel
- A Contrarian’s View on QR Code Marketing
- Five Ways You Can Get Started With QR Code Marketing
- Introducing The QR Code Haircut – Has The World Gone Mad?
- Tesco Changes The Face Of Shopping With QR Codes In Korea
- QR Codes And The Great Lunchbag Letdown
- Sites for the QR-enabled Tourist
- QR xode or sex: the final marketing tool
- Death and QR CODE: the final marketing tool
What do you think?
Here the lesson:
- Many are using QR code as a easy way to implement their Geo Localized service
- A few critics (me included) prefer to wait for a more robust solution, like NFC or RFID, to satisfy the local real-time needs
- Some companies got this chance to use a new technology as a excuse to make some new buzz. Useless, temporary, just marketing
- Worse than critics, there are fully skeptics, like I was: we hoped to use this new marketing tool and we find really lame experience on the way. Don’t despair
- It’s possible to success with QR code, you just need the right customers, or country, or idea (and because my wife is korean, I know what I’m talking about)
What do you think now?